Sunday, December 09, 2012

Review: How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk


How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk
How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Earlier this week, a friend at work sent me a link to a blog post whose author was writing about using the ideas from this book when talking to adults as well as to kids. The post included a couple of the book's cartoons, which I liked, so I got it from the library.

This book is JUST what I was looking for to get better at interacting with my friends' kids. I'm quite good with little babies, but I feel like I'm constantly losing arguments with kids as they get older and more verbal. Faber and Mazlish reminded me of some things I already knew, and gave concrete examples of skills I wasn't using. I feel infinitely better prepared now for hanging out with toddlers, preschoolers, and even older kids.



View all my reviews

No comments: