Monday, January 16, 2012

Review: squash soup and tuna steaks


Broiled tuna steak, rice pilaf, squash soup, and oolong tea
Seared Tuna Steaks
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Acorn Squash Soup
My rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars


Sunday night (observed) dinner: Tuna steaks, rice pilaf, and squash soup. The soup was actually the Inspiration Piece for this meal; Husband had a squash-and-tomato puree soup while traveling in New Mexico, loved it, and wanted to try to recreate the experience. For accoutrements, he broiled some tuna steaks and made up a packaged rice pilaf. We drank oolong tea with dinner.
I did not love the tuna steaks. There was nothing wrong with them; I often prefer white fish to pink fish. They might have added just a little too much sweetness to the meal, in spite of the counterbalancing savory pilaf.

Soup's gone The soup was lovely. A bit too sweet, not unlike our last Soup Adventure. The texture was extremely nice. I liked the taste, but (maybe because of the sweetness) don't think I could have eaten much more than I was served. But I finished that enthusiastically!


No comments: