Monday, April 16, 2012

Tacos and applesauce


Taco taco
Tacos!
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


There isn't really a recipe for tacos, is there? Husband cooked up ground beef with green bell peppers and spices. Then we ate it on little flour tortillas with fresh tomatos and lettuce. I think he had salsa on his. It was awesome. So was the homemade queso dip that went with it. (And the episodes of Community we watched with dinner!)


applesauce
Applesauce!
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Recipe from the Betty Crocker cookbook. While we were shopping for car snacks for a recent cross-country drive, I found bags of Jonathan apples and demanded them -- they were my Most Favorite Apple when I was a kid, and I don't see them very often now. I do still enjoy them, but their Most Favorite-ness has been eclipsed by the Honeycrisp. So Husband made the extras into applesauce. Apples and cinnamon and sugar -- what's not to like? Also, all that stirring in cinnamony steam made his hair smell like pastry.


No comments: