Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Review: Bringing Up Bebe: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting


Bringing Up Bebe: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting
Bringing Up Bebe: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting by Pamela Druckerman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I'd been wanting to read this one for some time, and when a friend saw me coveting her copy, I happily took her up on her offer to lend it. Just what I expected; loads of common sense (my husband pointed out that it's not so different from how we were raised, nor from the way our friends are raising their kids), but wrapped up in charming writing, chic Frenchiness, and some grounding individual experience. A great reminder to me of a lot of things I kind-of-sort-of know; it launched me on a little "French women this" and "French women that" kick at the library, but if one of the bunch stays on my shelves, it'll be this one.



View all my reviews

No comments: