Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Review: French Women Don't Get Fat: The Secret of Eating for Pleasure


French Women Don't Get Fat: The Secret of Eating for Pleasure
French Women Don't Get Fat: The Secret of Eating for Pleasure by Mireille Guiliano

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Look, you can't tell ANYONE that I read this, OK?

I read it because I'm on a common-sense-glamorized-by-the-French kick, and because a coworker with excellent taste in books (the last thing I borrowed from her was an omnibus of Roald Dahl's short stories) spoke highly of it. I think diet books are stupid and weight loss is a pointless goal, but Guiliano makes me think. One of the French Women X books I've been reading says you can't sell anything in France without emphasizing the pleasure it'll give, and Guiliano has thought long and hard about pleasure, and how to maximize the pleasures of food. Her goals aren't all the same as mine, but that's never stopped me from borrowing someone's methods!



View all my reviews

No comments: